df <- data.frame(items=sample(LETTERS,replace= T),quantity=sample(1:100,26,replace=FALSE),price=sample(100:1000,26,replace=FALSE))
I want to group_by sum quantity is about 500(ballpark) ,
When count close about 500 put the same group,like below
Any help would be appreciated.
Updated
Because the condition need to change, I reset the threshold to 250,
I summarize to find the max total value for each group, and then,
How could I change the the total of group6 < 200 , into group5.
I think about using ifelse but can't work successfully.
set.seed(123)
df <- data.frame(items=sample(LETTERS,replace= T),quantity=sample(1:100,26,replace=FALSE),price=sample(100:1000,26,replace=FALSE))
df$group=cumsum(c(1,ifelse(diff(cumsum(df$quantity)%% 250) < 0,1,0)))
df$total=ave(df$quantity,df$group,FUN=cumsum)
df %>% group_by(group) %>% summarise(max = max(total, na.rm=TRUE))
# A tibble: 6 × 2
group max
<dbl> <int>
1 1 238
2 2 254
3 3 256
4 4 246
5 5 237
6 6 101
I want get like
> df
items quantity price group total
1 O 36 393 1 36
2 S 78 376 1 114
3 N 81 562 1 195
4 C 43 140 1 238
5 J 76 530 2 76
6 R 15 189 2 91
7 V 32 415 2 123
8 K 7 322 2 130
9 E 9 627 2 139
10 T 41 215 2 180
11 N 74 705 2 254
12 V 23 873 3 23
13 Y 27 846 3 50
14 Z 60 555 3 110
15 E 53 697 3 163
16 S 93 953 3 256
17 Y 86 138 4 86
18 Y 88 258 4 174
19 I 38 851 4 212
20 C 34 308 4 246
21 H 69 473 5 69
22 Z 72 917 5 141
23 G 96 133 5 237
24 J 63 615 5 300
25 I 13 112 5 376
26 S 25 168 5 477
Thank you for any helping all the time.
