Can't open terminal in Jetbrains GoLand

Viewed 45

From the moment I work on Ubuntu WSL2 I'm facing problem with local terminal in IDE (Jetbrains GoLand) - I can't open it. When I try to run a terminal, it only opens for a fraction of a second and gives this error:

bash -l: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
bash -l: syntax error: unexpected end of file

It only happens if directory is located in Ubuntu VM, if file is located in casual Windows disc problem disappears. Moreover, I can work with Golang through Ubuntu WSL terminal, but local IDE terminal is not cooperating.

Versions: GoLand 2022.2.2; Ubuntu 22.04 (2); WSL 2; Win10;

File/Settings/Tools/Terminal

enter image description here

1 Answers

You can try, for testing as in this answer (which, for a different context, exhibits the same error message in its question):

wsl.exe ~ -d Ubuntu-20.04

I suspect the path starting with \\wsl$\... is incirrectly interpreted by a bash session (with $ being the prefix to variables, and would need to be escaped in a path)

Related