How to add scrollable pdf file on xarigan slide

Viewed 41

I learned how to insert a certain page of pdf file on my xaringan slide using the following code:

```
{r}
magick::image_read_pdf("document.pdf", pages = 1)
```

The problem is I still cannot see the item on the page because it is located in down below. So I wonder if there's any function like leaflet so that I may be able to scroll the pdf document down.

1 Answers

You can try embed a pdf file using embed html tag, like this,

---
title: "Adding scrollable pdf file in xaringan"
output: xaringan::moon_reader
---

```{css, echo=FALSE}
#embeded_pdf {
 width: 100%; 
 height: 70%;
}

```

## Adding a pdf file

<embed src="lorem_ipsum.pdf" type="application/pdf" id="embeded_pdf">

embeded_pdf_in_xaringan


Note that,

  • Open the output html file (xaringan slide) in your browser, Rstudio does not show the embedded files in xaringan slides; but in browser, it works fine.

  • And in src option of embed tag, provide the file path of the pdf file that you want to embed.

Related