Docker stuck in "Docker Desktop starting..." on Mac

Viewed 142

I can't get Docker to start on my Mac (Intel). It's just stuck in Docker Desktop starting... Here are the things I have tried:

  • Running with the desktop installer
  • Running with the brew installer (brew install --cask docker)
  • In the debug menu:
    • Clean /Purge data
    • Reset to factory defaults

Trying to run docker ps in terminal shows:

Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory

If I quit docker, the com.docker.vmnetd process needs to be killed manually.

This problem started around version 4.5.0 Now I am on version 4.12.0., and still the same issue. If I downgrade to a version far back (with the previous UI), it works. But after a while, Docker forces itself to update, which puts me back in this same problem.

Does anyone have any clue what I can try?

0 Answers
Related