This is more of a "Is it possible (with a reasonable amount of time and work)" than a "how exactly is it possible" question. I'm getting into WPF at the moment and am interested in graphical applications in an MVVM approach. In the meaning of an ms-paint like application. Now I see that and how I can draw e.g. a ractangle on a canvas, store those rectangles in a list etc. But I am wondering if I can do that more advanced. For example extend the rectangle so I can give it more infos (I can't extend the rectangle itself since it's a sealed class), have existing shapes on the canvas able to drag them around, make the shapes complex (e.g. I double click one to open a new Window that represents the "inside" of that shape) etc.
Is such an application possible with a reasonable amount of work and time in WPF or would I rather use some different library/framework for this?




