Ghost Contributor on Github (Github Bug)

Viewed 54

Hello StackOverflow.
I came across a strange bug on Github.

Repository Link

I created a repository 4 months ago. And added only 2 contributors to that repository.

• I didn’t add anymore contributors But There is another contributor added.

ScreenShot of Contributor

• I tried to remove that contributor but couldn’t find him on Collaborators & Teams - Manage Access

ScreenShot of Contributor Page

3 Answers

That's maybe because he made a commit and you/your team accepted his pull request

You have to set the Branch protection rule by enabling Require approvals under Settings > Branches > Branch protection rules > Require a pull request before merging > Require approvals.

Related question.

It seems that GitHub uses the email address to list the contributors. Looking at the patch and a random one from YushaBinArif like this one both use the same email address.

Add .patch at the end of the commit URL to see the patch.

Related