Spring Boot version 2.2.6. I have case that there is several application-{profile}.yml files in folder src/main/resources/ and I want't to build project with Maven e.g mvn clean package -Dspring.profiles.active=dev
Then I have just application.yml file in folder src/test/resources, this should be a properties file to all test (IT/unit).
Now when I build with command mvn clean package -Dspring.profiles.active=dev, properties src/main/resources/application-dev.yml and src/test/resources/application.yml are MERGED and used for the tests. Well in test properties there might be pretty fatal confs e.g Hibernate auto-ddl: create-drop.
Have been reading docs but I don't find any logic why properties files are MERGED in this case. Is there any good practice that tests can be forced to use ALWAYS certain properties file? I think that just using some annotations in test files isn't the best practice, e.g @TestPropertySource or @ActiveProfiles, cause when you forgot to use these annotations then the case is same again. Is there some global configuration for all tests or some other better solutions?