ncurses app running in a docker container exits early

Viewed 38

I have an ncurses app written in Rust. I wanted to make a Docker image so that people could install the application more efficiently. I wrote a simple Dockerfile, specifying the full-blown Rust base image. I built my image, ran it inside a container, and everything worked flawlessly. However, since the resulting image was way too big (1GB+), I figured I should give the Rust alpine image a shot. I managed to build my image (after having to add ncurses-dev and musl-dev with apk), but now my app exits early - I can see no output. When I try to look at the logs, nothing gets printed out.

Here's the Dockerfile I wrote that uses the alpine image:

FROM rust:1.61.0-alpine

WORKDIR /app
COPY . .

RUN apk add ncurses-dev
RUN apk add musl-dev
RUN cargo install --path .

CMD ["hstr-rs"]

Why does my app exit early when I use the alpine image?

0 Answers
Related