Context
I have two vectors. fruits_Jack_eat is a vector of length=1 that stores the fruits Jack ate. fruits_list is a vector of length=3 that stores different types of fruits.
Question
I want to find out if Jack ate 1 or more fruits in the fruits_list. But the situation is not that simple. fruits_list[1] is 'Navel orange'. one of the fruits Jack ate is XXXorange. although XXXorange is not exactly the same as Navel orange, I still think the situation is a match.
Reproducible code
fruits_Jack_eat = 'XXXorange,PPPapple,QQQbanana'
fruits_list = c('Navel orange', 'Super big apple', 'Very yellow banana')
Expect output
When I enter fruits_Jack_eat and fruits_list, the result should return a dataframe. The first column is a logical vector that indicates whether or not the match is on. The second column is a character vector indicating the characters in fruits_Jack_eat that are similar to fruits_list. Maybe like this:
df_output = data.frame(matched = TRUE, matched_char = c('orange,apple,banana'))
> df_output
matched matched_char
1 TRUE orange,apple,banana