Can't access Apache Server through IPv6 from outside

Viewed 26

My goal is simple : I just want to access my Apache Web server installed on a Ubuntu Server on a local PC behind my box in IPv6. Using NAT, I can do it with IPv4 but it's a little bit "headache-able" to keep it work with a domain name and SSL. So I tried to make it work with IPv6, the IPv6 of my server is public and I just have to complete the AAAA of the domain name.

The problem is : I searched and tried a lot of things, I learned a lot but the problem is still complete !

The situation :

  • Ubuntu server shows the good IPv6 adress when I do hostname -I
  • I can ping my machine using a external website (dnschecker for example) from and outside my local network DNSchecker capture
  • Apache is configured to use IPv6 adresses and serve pages when asked from the local network BUT it does NOT work when accessed from outside (my problem !)
  • ufw is configured to use IPv6 tables, allows Apache then Apache Full ufw status
  • no firewall on my internet box

I'm dry, I don't know what to look for in order to solve this problem. I need help, thanks for your ideas and advices.

0 Answers
Related