let me tell you from the beginning
I'm trying to learn picocli so created a project via maven, added dependencies, wrote some code, now I wanna see its output I have two ways (i think) use maven exec plugin or create an executable jar (uber jar) and run it through java -jar (since I added .jar to windows PATHEXT, ASSOC and FTYPE i can run without java -jar)
second is more pleasant to me so I tried to create an uber jar via maven shade plugin
log info from the command line via mvn clean package and content of the final uber jar brought me this question:
why shade plugin unpack every jar into the final uber? this makes some overlapping in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF and module-info.class (even if it doesn't make any bugs is it not better to not have anything missing)
is it not better to have all jar files + project specific jar without unpacking in the root of final uber jar plus a META-INF/MANIFEST.MF that point to the main class? isn't more cleaner ?, something like below
for sure there was a reason behind it (packaging extracted jars)? what are the pros and cons of packaging unextracted jars (like the picture above)?
and finally is there any ready-to-use plugin for packaging uber jar without unpacking dependencies (i know is it possible via configuring assembly plugins)
