In my Node.js REST API I am using Winston Logging to print the errors and info logs in a separated files. This is my Winston setup:
const { createLogger, format, transports } = require("winston");
const { timestamp, printf, errors } = format;
const logFormat = printf(({ level, message, timestamp, stack }) => {
return `${timestamp} ${level}: ${stack || message}`;
});
const logger = createLogger({
transports: [
//new transports.Console(),
new transports.File({
level: "info",
filename: "logsWarnings.log",
}),
new transports.File({
level: "error",
filename: "logsErrors.log",
}),
],
format: format.combine(
timestamp({ format: "YYYY-MM-DD HH:mm:ss" }),
format.json(),
format.prettyPrint(),
errors({ stack: true })
//logFormat
),
statusLevels: true,
});
module.exports = logger;
This is an example of one of my requests (info log is for req details):
deleteUser: (req, res) => {
logger.info("This is an info log");
mySqlConnection.query(
"DELETE FROM Users WHERE user_id=?",
req.params.userid,
(err, rows) => {
try {
if (rows.affectedRows >= 1) {
res.send("user deleted successfully");
} else {
res.status(500).send("Can't delete row");
}
} catch (err) {
logger.error("this is error", { err });
}
}
);
},
I have a problem that error logs appears both in the error logs file and in the warning logs file. How can I fix it?