How to enable autocomplete on typing after hitting Enter in VSCode?

Viewed 105

Lately I'm having issues with the vscode autocomplete .

It basically disables the autocomplete after hitting enter and I have to hit Control+Space for the autocomplete to appear and select one like this :

vscode-autocomplete

The behavior I expect is after hitting Enter When I begin to type , the autocomplete appears and checks my typing to find the best thing I want to select .

How can I enable autocomplete after hitting Enter while I type in vscode ?

2 Answers

Does editor.quickSuggestions solve your problem?

The VS Code docs state:

// Controls whether suggestions should automatically show up while typing.
"editor.quickSuggestions": {
  "other": "on",
  "comments": "off",
  "strings": "off"
},

// Controls the delay in milliseconds after which quick suggestions will show up.
"editor.quickSuggestionsDelay": 10,

It might also be worth checking if you have editor.suggestOnTriggerCharacters set to false and see if behaviour changes when toggled. Trigger characters are characters like .

Related