Hello I am trying to deserialize a json file. A sample of it is below from the start to the first element:
{
"spell": [
{
"name": "Affect Normal Fires",
"school": "Al",
"verbal": "1",
"somatic": "1",
"material": "0",
"materials": "",
"range": "5 yds./level",
"aoe": "10 foot-radius",
"castingTime": "1",
"duration": "2 rds./level",
"save": "None",
"damage": "",
"description": "...",
"level": "1",
"caster": "Wizard",
"source": "Players Hand Book page 170",
"sphere": [],
"subschools": [ "Elemental Fire", "Alchemy" ]
},...
I created the class structure for it below:
public class Spells
{
public List<Spell> list_of_spells { get; set;}
}
public class Spell
{
public string name { get; set; }
public string school { get; set;}
public string verbal { get; set;}
public string somatic { get; set;}
public string material { get; set;}
public string materials { get; set;}
public string range { get; set;}
public string aoe { get; set;}
public string castingTime { get; set;}
public string duration { get; set;}
public string save { get; set;}
public string damage { get; set;}
public string description { get; set;}
public string level { get; set;}
public string caster { get; set;}
public string source { get; set;}
public List<string> sphere { get; set;}
public List<string> subschools { get; set; }
}
Now When I try to Deserialize it by doing this
Spells loadedSpells;
loadedSpells = JsonSerializer.Deserialize<Spells>(File.ReadAllText(@"C:\spellsv2.json"));
loadedSpells.list_of_spells just equals Null
Is there something I'm missing?