I added a preload for my site like this <link rel=preload href=http://api.github.com/... as=fetch crossorigin=anonymous> which is fetch()ed later. It worked very well (the preload request sent to the remote server at the very beginning of loading, and answer came back, everything was fine).
Later I added an Authorization: Bearer ... to the fetch() call (because of other reasons), which is caused that the preload's HTTP headers do not match the later fetch's HTTP headers, so the entire preload result is not re-used anymore (Both Chrome and Firefox are correctly notify me about this).
I also tried to add the preload with Link HTTP header to the main page's response, but that did not help as well.
So the current sitation is this: I can't add the same Authorization header to preload request because it is simply not possible, so the two request are never will be the same, so the preload is useless anymore.
Please correct me and advise:
- Is there a way to add that
Authorization: Bearer ...to the preload request to? - OR is there a way to ask the browser to ignore that difference between to two request's headers?
- OR any other idea?