How to delete accidentally installed External Libraries and Scratches and Consoles folders from the file explorer

Viewed 26

I was trying to create a new file in my PhpStorm but instead inadvertently installed the "External Libraries" and "Scratches and Consoles" folders.

I don't need them for the foreseeable future really. I tried to uninstall and reinstall PhpStorm in my Ubuntu 20.04, only to see those two folders still sitting in my file explorer.

Is there I can do to get rid of them?

The External Libraries and Scratches and Console to get rid off

1 Answers

Is there I can do to get rid of them?

It's a standard thing, everyone has those 2 entries.

You can see them mentioned in the official help / screenshots: https://www.jetbrains.com/help/phpstorm/project-tool-window.html

There is no need to delete them.

  • Scratches and Consoles used to access scratch files and files for DB Export functionality / DB query consoles (in PhpStorm at very least).
  • External Libraries used to list all entries from the Include Path tab at Settings (Preferences on macOS) | PHP and alike. But that has been reworked a bit a few versions back (the way how it was working in IntelliJ IDEA). Not sure what is used for these days (in PhpStorm).
Related