I was following a tutorial about media queries. When I open the HTML in Chrome/Firefox, I get a blank page, and nothing displays. When I inspect the page though, the code displays normally and I can see how the media queries work. I tried adjusting the min-width and max-width of the media queries but I still get a blank page in any browser I use. I have posted the original HTML below from the tutorial.
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<title>Beginners CSS - Chapter 8</title>
<style type="text/css">
* {
margin: 0px;
}
main {
margin: 10px auto;
width: 600px;
padding: 30px;
margin-top: 0px;
background-color: olive;
display: block;
}
@media screen and (max-width: 350px) {
main {
background-color: #88a5e0;
}
}
@media screen and (min-width: 600px) {
main {
background-color: red;
}
}
@media screen and (min-width: 800px) {
main {
background-image: url('images/Reeds-in-Wind-Cinemagraph.gif');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-size: cover;
padding-bottom: 400px;
}
}
@media screen and (min-width: 1000px) {
main {
background-image: none;
background-color: #fff;
}
h1,
p {
display: none;
}
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<main>
<h1>Media Queries</h1>
<p>Media allows you to make your pages to change to fit any device.</p>
</main>
</body>
</html>