I have a DigiCert EV Code Signing certificate to sign my c# code, and it works great.
However, now I'm trying to sign VBA code in an Excel XLSM file.
I get the error "There was a problem with the Digital Certificate. The VBA Project could not be signed. The signature will be discarded."
DigiCert support does not seem to be able to find a solution.
I have tried saving the VBA project first, then saving the file, as discussed here... https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/07f0158c-085b-4031-93a1-c9d047cf855c/unable-to-sign-outlook-2010-vbaproject?forum=outlook
I have an EV Code Signing Certificate, so I cannot export the file with the certificate path as discussed here... https://knowledge.digicert.com/solution/SO1451.html and here... Unable to sign VBA with valid Sectigo Code Signing certificate
I thought maybe it's b/c I have an EV certificate and I may actually need a PFX certificate instead, but DigiCert said the following...
By November (or sooner) it also won't be possible with standard code signing. the reason it won't be possible is that standards require "qualified" hardware to store the private key and the code signing certificate, and that hardware by default makes it "read-only" or more specifically make it so that you may use it but may not export it.
So I'm hoping someone here has an answer to this. Microsoft just released some update to office that will block VBA without a bunch of extra steps unless the code is signed... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/security/internet-macros-blocked
Any help here is greatly appreciated...