Why app is not asking for requested location permission?

Viewed 14

What im trying to do is to ask the user for location permission, and if the user doesn't allow the permission, cannot navigate to other screens. I have used expo-location for this, and when I test the app locally, it asks me to allow or not allow the permission for the location, but when I generate an APK, to test it on android, it shows me the alert that I dont have the location permission, and when I go to the app setting to allow it manually, it says No permission requested

  function requestLocationPermission() {
    return Location.requestForegroundPermissionsAsync().then((handleResponse) => {
      if (handleResponse.status === 'granted') {
        setLocationPermission(handleResponse.status);
      } else if (handleResponse.status !== 'granted') {
        alert('Map/Gps needs the appropriate permissions.');
        return Location.requestForegroundPermissionsAsync();
      }
    });
  }


  useEffect(() => {
       requestLocationPermission();
      buttonText();
  }, [locationPermission]);

  const confirm = () => {
    if (locationPermission === "granted") {
      navigation.navigate('CreateProfile',
    } else {
      requestLocationPermission();
    }
  };

So, in the APK it returns me: alert('Map/Gps needs the appropriate permissions.');

How can I fix this?

0 Answers
Related