Can I `tag` a service in Consul after its `registration`?

Viewed 8

All, We have micro-services developed using SpringBoot+Kotlin. These services are registered with Consul using SpringBoot bootstrap configuration. For these services we don't have the version in the bootstrap config to tag them with the version of code being deployed while they are being registered. Is there a way we can tag these services outside of the SpringBoot registration? I don't generate the version of the code while coding the app. It gets generated in the CICD pipeline.

Our SpringBoot - bootstrap config is as below:

cloud:
    consul:
      host: localhost
      port: 8500
      watch:
        delay: 5000
      discovery:
        prefer-ip-address: true
        health-check-url: http://localhost:8091/actuator/health
        health-check-interval: 30s
        health-check-tls-skip-verify: true
        instanceId: ${spring.application.name}

We use Chef to deploy the applications. In the recipes I tried to see if there is an option to tag but the Consul documentation for registering the services has -tag as an option. So I assumed that we have to tag the services only while registering. Is there an alternate way?

0 Answers
Related