Kept getting error (missing credentials) to connect Power BI Service to Azure Databricks

Viewed 70

I have some issues with the connectivity from Databricks to Power BI service. After I have published my app to Power BI service, I would like to schedule a refresh with the data. However I found that an error pop up (missing credentials) in Power BI Service. The connection with Azure Databricks was lost in Power BI service.

When I tried to edit the credentials to reconnect with it, I kept getting the error:

"Failed to update data source credentials: [Microsoft][ThriftExtension] (14) Unexpected response from server during a HTTP connection: Unauthorized/Forbidden error response returned, but no token expired message received.". 

There are three options for me to connect: Basic, Key and OAuth2. I tried with OAuth2 by signing in my account and it didn't work. It doesn't happen in Power BI Desktop where I obtained my credential with Azure Active Directory (the same account).

1 Answers

Please follow below steps:

Step 1:

Go to data bricks cluster -> configuration ->JDBC/ODBC then, Copy Service Hostname and HTTP Path.

Ref1

Step 2:

In my scenario I am using access token as authenticator .You can use Username/Password or Azure Active Directory.

For using Access Token Go to settings -> User settings -> Generate new access token.

Ref2

Step 3:

Go to Power Bi -> Get data -> Azure -> Azure Databricks -> connect

enter image description here

Step 4:

Past the Service Hostname and HTTP Path as you copied in the Step1.

enter image description here

Step 5:

Past the token value as you Generated in the step 2.

enter image description here

You should able to see all the tables in the Databricks cluster and in the power bi navigator.

enter image description here

Related