I'm trying to write a query that merge the results of two queries that work.
I have two tables:
- tblPart[ partnr, manufacturer, supplier]
data ex:
A123 , MAN1 , SUP1
A125 , MAN1 , SUP2
- tblAddress [shortname, longname]
data ex:
MAN1, "Siemens s.p.a."
SUP1, "Sotre 1"
SUP2, "Store 2"
In the columns of tblPart I have the shortname value for both the fields (manufacturer, supplier) and in the tblAddress I have the longname. In this moment I have two query:
SELECT tblPart.partnr,tblPart.manufacturer, tblAddress.longname, tblPart.supplier
FROM tblAddress RIGHT OUTER JOIN
tblPart ON tblAddress.shortname = tblPart.manufacturer
and the second one:
SELECT tblPart.partnr,tblPart.manufacturer, tblPart.supplier, tblAddress.longname
FROM tblAddress RIGHT OUTER JOIN
tblPart ON tblAddress.shortname = tblPart.supplier
With the UNION operator I have double values. Where I'm in wrong?It's possible to have only one table with : partnr, manufacturer, longname(manufacturer),supplier, longname(supplier)
data ex:
A123 , MAN1 ,"Siemens s.p.a.", SUP1, "Sotre 1"
A125 , MAN1 ,"Siemens s.p.a.", SUP2, "Sotre 2"