Is there a limit on the import in Google Cloud SQL?

Viewed 65

I am new to Google Cloud SQL and have created a schema on Cloud SQL. I have imported (using import in google GUI) a CSV file of 5M(unique) rows into this table but only 0.5M rows show up. Not sure if there is a limit I am missing something. P.S. I also have enough free storage available.

1 Answers

Yes there's a row size limit of 65kb for mySQL even if your storage is capable of storing larger rows. This may be the reason why your table only displays a limited number of rows. There are several factors that affect the row size limit like storage engine (InnoDB/MyISAM) and page header and trailer data used by the storage engine. This is based on the mySQL documentation on row size limits.

Since Cloud SQL supports current and previous versions of mySQL (as well as PostgreSQL and SQL Server), the row size limit for those versions are also applicable.

Related