I'm having an issue that I thought would be VERY simple to accomplish. I can not get this very basic request validation to work. I can enter "Bob" on the create form and the edit form and get no error messages. It simply inserts into the database.
Here's my code. I feel I'm doing/not doing something stupid.
UserCrudController.php
<?php
namespace App\Http\Controllers\Admin;
use App\Http\Requests\UserRequest;
use Backpack\CRUD\app\Http\Controllers\CrudController;
use Backpack\CRUD\app\Library\CrudPanel\CrudPanelFacade as CRUD;
/**
* Class UserCrudController
* @package App\Http\Controllers\Admin
* @property-read \Backpack\CRUD\app\Library\CrudPanel\CrudPanel $crud
*/
class UserCrudController extends CrudController
{
use \Backpack\CRUD\app\Http\Controllers\Operations\ListOperation;
use \Backpack\CRUD\app\Http\Controllers\Operations\CreateOperation;
use \Backpack\CRUD\app\Http\Controllers\Operations\UpdateOperation;
use \Backpack\CRUD\app\Http\Controllers\Operations\DeleteOperation;
use \Backpack\CRUD\app\Http\Controllers\Operations\ShowOperation;
/**
* Configure the CrudPanel object. Apply settings to all operations.
*
* @return void
*/
public function setup()
{
CRUD::setModel(\App\Models\User::class);
CRUD::setRoute(config('backpack.base.route_prefix') . '/user');
CRUD::setEntityNameStrings('user', 'users');
}
/**
* Define what happens when the List operation is loaded.
*
* @see https://backpackforlaravel.com/docs/crud-operation-list-entries
* @return void
*/
protected function setupListOperation()
{
CRUD::column('name');
CRUD::column('email');
//CRUD::column('password');
/**
* Columns can be defined using the fluent syntax or array syntax:
* - CRUD::column('price')->type('number');
* - CRUD::addColumn(['name' => 'price', 'type' => 'number']);
*/
}
/**
* Define what happens when the Create operation is loaded.
*
* @see https://backpackforlaravel.com/docs/crud-operation-create
* @return void
*/
protected function setupCreateOperation()
{
CRUD::setValidation(UserRequest::class);
CRUD::field('name');
CRUD::field('email');
//CRUD::field('password');
/**
* Fields can be defined using the fluent syntax or array syntax:
* - CRUD::field('price')->type('number');
* - CRUD::addField(['name' => 'price', 'type' => 'number']));
*/
}
/**
* Define what happens when the Update operation is loaded.
*
* @see https://backpackforlaravel.com/docs/crud-operation-update
* @return void
*/
protected function setupUpdateOperation()
{
$this->setupCreateOperation();
}
}
UserRequest.php
<?php
namespace App\Http\Requests;
use Illuminate\Foundation\Http\FormRequest;
class UserRequest extends FormRequest
{
/**
* Determine if the user is authorized to make this request.
*
* @return bool
*/
public function authorize()
{
// only allow updates if the user is logged in
return backpack_auth()->check();
}
/**
* Get the validation rules that apply to the request.
*
* @return array
*/
public function rules()
{
return [
'name' => ['required','min:5','max:255'],
];
}
/**
* Get the validation attributes that apply to the request.
*
* @return array
*/
public function attributes()
{
return [
//
];
}
/**
* Get the validation messages that apply to the request.
*
* @return array
*/
public function messages()
{
return [
//
];
}
}