I've provided a minimal reproducible example below. I'm currently trying to use the R quarto package to pass a logical parameter into the Quarto chunk options.
Below is the quarto document, where I created 2 parameters, show_code, and show_plot.
---
title: "Untitled"
format: html
params:
show_code: TRUE
show_plot: TRUE
---
```{r, echo=params$show_code}
summary(cars)
```
```{r, include=params$show_plot}
plot(pressure)
```
This document would render properly via the render button in R studio.
However, when trying to render this document via the quarto_render() function from the R quarto package, this would fail.
library(quarto)
quarto::quarto_render(
input = 'qmd_document.qmd',
output_format = 'html',
output_file = 'qmd_document_with_code.html',
execute_params = list(show_plot = TRUE,
show_code = TRUE)
)
It appears that a character yes is passed instead of the logical TRUE or FALSE to both Chunk 1 and Chunk 2 in the console.
How do I properly pass the logical characters to a parameterized Quarto report chunk options via quarto_render()?

