Setting Slider value rounds off

Viewed 36

I am using Unity's slider to set a floating point number between the ranges of 1.0 - 10.0. The problem is, it rounds off. I do not want the slider to round off the value, instead it should display as it is. Can you please help me fix this?

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;
using UnityEngine.UI;

private Slider sliderUI;

void Start () {

        sliderUI = GetComponent<Slider> ();
        sliderUI.value = 3.56f;
}

The slider value changes to 3.6. How do I make it 3.56?

2 Answers

I think it only rounds it on the inspector, the component should have the value you give it.

Try adding an Update with Debug.Log(sliderUI.value);

If it is showing 2.6 you have a real problem, if it shows 2.56 then is just a visual for the inspector.

enter image description here enter image description here enter image description here

Not quite sure, but maybe you need to set the minimum to 1.00 and the maximum to 10.00 instead of 1.0 and 10.0 ot just 1 and 10.

Related