Getting TS2344: Type 'T' does not satisfy the constraint 'Object'. from Angular libraries after clean npm install

Viewed 410

I have an Angular application that has been building and running just fine, but had some strange npm dependency issues when I added angular/material, so I deleted both package-lock.json and my node_modules, and npm i would now install with no errors.

However, I now get a bunch of TypeScript errors when compiling, which I did not have before.

My package.json has the following dependencies:

    "dependencies": {
        "@angular/animations": "^14.1.0",
        "@angular/common": "^14.1.0",
        "@angular/compiler": "^14.1.0",
        "@angular/core": "^14.1.0",
        "@angular/forms": "^14.1.0",
        "@angular/material": "14.1.0",
        "@angular/material-moment-adapter": "14.1.0",
        "@angular/platform-browser": "^14.1.0",
        "@angular/platform-browser-dynamic": "^14.1.0",
        "@angular/router": "^14.1.0",
        "@ngrx/component-store": "^14.3.0",
        "@ngrx/effects": "^14.2.0",
        "@ngrx/entity": "^14.2.0",
        "@ngrx/store": "^14.2.0",
        "@ngrx/store-devtools": "^14.2.0",
        "@ngx-translate/core": "^14.0.0",
        "tslib": "^2.3.0",
        "uuid": "^8.3.2",
        "zone.js": "~0.11.4"


"devDependencies": {
        "@angular-devkit/build-angular": "^14.1.0",
        "@angular-eslint/builder": "14.0.2",
        "@angular-eslint/eslint-plugin": "14.0.2",
        "@angular-eslint/eslint-plugin-template": "14.0.2",
        "@angular-eslint/schematics": "14.0.2",
        "@angular-eslint/template-parser": "14.0.2",
        "@angular/cli": "~14.1.0",
        "@angular/compiler-cli": "^14.1.0",
        "@types/jasmine": "~4.0.0",
        "@types/lodash": "^4.14.184",
        "@types/uuid": "^8.3.4",
        "@typescript-eslint/eslint-plugin": "5.29.0",
        "@typescript-eslint/parser": "5.29.0",
        "eslint": "^7.32.0",
        "jasmine-core": "~4.2.0",
        "karma": "~6.4.0",
        "karma-chrome-launcher": "~3.1.0",
        "karma-coverage": "~2.2.0",
        "karma-jasmine": "~5.1.0",
        "karma-jasmine-html-reporter": "~2.0.0",
        "typescript": "^4.8.2"

I did have TypeScript 4.7 but tried upgrading after getting the error below (it did not make any difference).

The errors I now get are

        Error: node_modules/@angular/material/datepicker/index.d.ts:602:48 - error TS2344: Type 'MatDatepickerControl<unknown>' does not satisfy the constraint 'MatDatepickerControl<{}>'.
        The types returned by 'getStartValue()' are incompatible between these types.
            Type 'unknown' is not assignable to type '{} | null'.

    602     constructor(_datepicker: MatDatepickerBase<MatDatepickerControl<unknown>, unknown>, _viewContainerRef: ViewContainerRef);
                                                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    Error: node_modules/@angular/material/datepicker/index.d.ts:621:48 - error TS2344: Type 'MatDatepickerControl<unknown>' does not satisfy the constraint 'MatDatepickerControl<{}>'.

    621     constructor(_datepicker: MatDatepickerBase<MatDatepickerControl<unknown>, unknown>);
                                                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Error: node_modules/@angular/material/datepicker/index.d.ts:777:36 - error TS2344: Type 'MatDatepickerControl<unknown>' does not satisfy the constraint 'MatDatepickerControl<{}>'.

    777     _datepicker: MatDatepickerBase<MatDatepickerControl<unknown>, unknown>;
                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


    Error: node_modules/@angular/material/datepicker/index.d.ts:778:48 - error TS2344: Type 'MatDatepickerControl<unknown>' does not satisfy the constraint 'MatDatepickerControl<{}>'.

    778     constructor(_datepicker: MatDatepickerBase<MatDatepickerControl<unknown>, unknown>);
                                                                                                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Error: node_modules/@ngrx/effects/src/effect_decorator.d.ts:7:84 - error TS2344: Type 'T' does not satisfy the constraint 'Object'.

    7 export declare function getEffectDecoratorMetadata<T>(instance: T): EffectMetadata<T>[];
                                                                                                                                                                             ~

        node_modules/@ngrx/effects/src/effect_decorator.d.ts:7:52
            7 export declare function getEffectDecoratorMetadata<T>(instance: T): EffectMetadata<T>[];
                                                                                                                     ~
            This type parameter might need an `extends Object` constraint.

    Error: node_modules/@ngrx/effects/src/effects_metadata.d.ts:3:75 - error TS2344: Type 'T' does not satisfy the constraint 'Object'.

    3 export declare function getSourceMetadata<T>(instance: T): EffectMetadata<T>[];
                                                                                                                                                            ~

        node_modules/@ngrx/effects/src/effects_metadata.d.ts:3:43
            3 export declare function getSourceMetadata<T>(instance: T): EffectMetadata<T>[];
                                                                                                    ~
            This type parameter might need an `extends Object` constraint.


    Error: node_modules/@ngrx/effects/src/models.d.ts:25:31 - error TS2344: Type 'T' does not satisfy the constraint 'Object'.

    25     [key in EffectPropertyKey<T>]?: EffectConfig;
                                                                     ~

        node_modules/@ngrx/effects/src/models.d.ts:24:37
            24 export declare type EffectsMetadata<T> = {
                                                                                         ~
            This type parameter might need an `extends Object` constraint.

So all from libraries. I have just added material, so not sure if I would have got them before, however, I did not have these errors from the NgRx library before

I can get rid of these by adding:

"compilerOptions": {
  "skipLibCheck": true,

to tsconfig.json, but note sure hiding these errors is the best idea.

Why am I suddenly getting these?

0 Answers
Related