EDIT:
I want to deploy a Nuxt3 app to Firebase Hosting. I've set the deployment preset for Nitro to "firebase" NITRO_PRESET=firebase, and the build step works fine. However, when I run firebase deploy, I get an error saying:
There was an error reading .output/server/package.json:
.output/server/index.js does not exist, can't deploy Cloud Functions
I checked the .output/server directory, and saw that Nitro generated a file called index.mjs. I checked to see if Cloud Functions also works with .mjs files, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I looked for possible solutions but couldn't find anything; I tried reinstalling my modules, but no luck. Do I have something misconfigured or broken?
I'm following this tutorial: https://nitro.unjs.io/deploy/providers/firebase
I'm using WSL2 Ubuntu on Windows 11, and the project folder is inside the linux filesystem.
Here is my package.json:
{
"private": true,
"scripts": {
"build": "nuxt build",
"dev": "nuxt dev",
"generate": "nuxt generate",
"preview": "nuxt preview"
},
"devDependencies": {
"@nuxtjs/google-fonts": "^3.0.0-0",
"@types/three": "^0.143.1",
"nuxt": "3.0.0-rc.8"
},
"dependencies": {
"firebase": "^9.9.3",
"sass": "^1.54.5",
"three": "^0.143.0",
"vuex": "^4.0.2",
"sass-loader": "^13.0.2"
}
}
My firebase.json:
{
"functions": {
"source": "./.output/server",
"runtime": "nodejs16",
"ignore": [
"node_modules",
".git",
"firebase-debug.log",
"firebase-debug.*.log"
]
},
"hosting": {
"site": "my-site",
"public": ".output/public",
"ignore": [
"firebase.json",
"**/.*",
"**/node_modules/**"
],
"cleanUrls": true,
"rewrites": [
{
"source": "**",
"function": "server"
}
]
}
}
After the build step:
Σ Total size: 19.6 MB (3.21 MB gzip)
✔ You can deploy this build using npx firebase deploy
After the deployment step:
i deploying functions, hosting
i functions: ensuring required API cloudfunctions.googleapis.com is enabled...
i functions: ensuring required API cloudbuild.googleapis.com is enabled...
i artifactregistry: ensuring required API artifactregistry.googleapis.com is enabled...
✔ functions: required API cloudbuild.googleapis.com is enabled
✔ functions: required API cloudfunctions.googleapis.com is enabled
✔ artifactregistry: required API artifactregistry.googleapis.com is enabled
i functions: preparing codebase default for deployment
Error: There was an error reading .output/server/package.json:
.output/server/index.js does not exist, can't deploy Cloud Functions
