python - installed package. Its installed, but not found

Viewed 53
Win10
Python 3.8.2
latest anaconda download and updated everything

Hi,

I know, not again a problem which is discussed multiple times, but here I am not able to solve it.

short example:

pip install jsonmerge
python -c "import jsonmerge"
--> ModuleNotFoundError

I tried the same in a anaconda virtual enviroment like:

conda create -n test
activate test
pip install jsonmerge
python -c "import jsonmerge"

Same result. I also found issues about pip in venv in anaconda. The fix says: install pip into the venv and then install the package which also didn't work.

The only thing that loads the package is the spyder IDE, it doesn't make sense.

Do I have a problem which my python installation (which I reinstalled already) or is the package faulty?

edit:

Got it working! I had to do a clean reinstall of python. Reinstalling Anaconda wasn't enough. Search for every bit of python on your system until

where python

does give no results anymore

i also deleted

In the my documents folder:
.anaconda
.conda
.matplotlib
anaconda3


In the %appdata%\local folder:
pip

python.exe and python3.exe at
%appdata%\local\microsoft\windowsapps\

probably search for python and pip in typical folders like my documents, appdata/local,locallow and roaming, and delete every instance. Then with the fresh installation of anaconda it worked

2 Answers

I've done exactly the same as your conda commands with python 3.8.13 and conda 4.14.0 and no problems. So if the package is faulty it's in a niche way.

It's possible that your pip version is linked to a different python install. Try running pip like this to make sure it's the right one: python -m pip install my_package

Related