I have a data frame that looks like this. I want inside the dplyr pipeline to replace only the 7 first rows of the threshold column with the values that come from the manufacturer column.
library(tidyverse)
mpg %>%
arrange(cty) %>%
mutate(threshold=NA) %>%
select(manufacturer,cty, threshold)
#> # A tibble: 234 × 3
#> manufacturer cty threshold
#> <chr> <int> <lgl>
#> 1 dodge 9 NA
#> 2 dodge 9 NA
#> 3 dodge 9 NA
#> 4 dodge 9 NA
#> 5 jeep 9 NA
#> 6 chevrolet 11 NA
#> 7 chevrolet 11 NA
#> 8 chevrolet 11 NA
#> 9 dodge 11 NA
#> 10 dodge 11 NA
#> # … with 224 more rows
Created on 2022-08-31 with reprex v2.0.2
I want my data to look like this
#> manufacturer cty threshold
#> <chr> <int> <lgl>
#> 1 dodge 9 dodge
#> 2 dodge 9 dodge
#> 3 dodge 9 dodge
#> 4 dodge 9 dodge
#> 5 jeep 9 jeep
#> 6 chevrolet 11 chevrolet
#> 7 chevrolet 11 chevrolet
#> 8 chevrolet 11 NA
#> 9 dodge 11 NA
#> 10 dodge 11 NA
any help and guidance as always are highly appreciated