sending data to UART driver on BeagleBone from PC via USB serial adapter

Viewed 126

I am trying to send data from PC using minicom program to BeagleBone driver via USB serial adapter cp2102. I am using the driver whose code is here.

I connect the adapter to bbg this way :

  • serial device TX -> beaglebone UART2 RX pin 22
  • serial device RX -> beaglebone UART2 TX pin 21 on the P9 extension.

I added all port data to the device tree, there is a device tree code:

#include "am335x-boneblack.dts"
&am33xx_pinmux {
    uart2_pins: uart2_pins {
        */
        pinctrl-single,pins = < 
            AM33XX_IOPAD(0x954, PIN_OUTPUT_PULLDOWN | MUX_MODE1)
            AM33XX_IOPAD(0x950, PIN_INPUT_PULLUP | MUX_MODE1)
            >;
    };
};
&uart2 {
    compatible = "serial"; //This is used when identifying a compatible device driver
    status = "okay";   
    pinctrl-names = "default";
    pinctrl-0 = <&uart2_pins>;
};

I open two terminal windows on my PC. In one terminal window ,for the PC end of this experimental serial connection ,I use minicom programm :

sudo minicom ttlUSB0

In another terminal window that presents access to the serial console I enter the command :

cat /dev/hw_serial-48024000

In an open minicom program of the first terminal I enter characters . in the second terminal I wait to receive these characters but no data is coming..

The baud-rate value is set to the same value 115200 in the minicom program and in the BeagleBone driver.

it should look like this(but it doesn't work for me ) enter image description here

0 Answers
Related