I am attempting to use a search lookup table csv to filter out holidays for some Splunk queries.
To do this, I created a holidays.csv in the following style:
dateof,dateafter,description
01/17/2022,01/18/2022,MLK Day 22
02/21/2022,02/22/2022,Presidents Day 22
05/30/2022,05/31/2022,Memorial Day 22
[...]
Some of the queries run the day after the holiday, which is why I created a dateof and datefater field. I am trying to pipe the condition onto the end of the existing queries.
environment=staging "message=\"This line would contain the original search query"
| eval date=strftime(_time,"%m/%d/%Y")
| search NOT [ inputlookup holidays.csv | fields dateof ]
Note that an Event from the original query will look something like this:
time=2022-08-31T12:01:39,495Z [...] message="This line would contain the original search query"
Despite giving read access to the csv, the above condition does not filter out anything, regardless of whether it is a holiday listed in the csv file or not.
I suspect something is missing. However, I have a limited knowledge of the Spunk querying language. Would anyone be able to give guidance on this? Thanks in advance!