Migrate .net framework project in IIS to a local project

Viewed 36

I got a web service that lives in IIS currently and for me to edit it I use visual studio on that server and "Open->Web Site...->" Then selects the web page and then edit it directly in visual studio.

Now I want to make a copy of it so I can develop on it locally instead of doing it directly on the server. I was able to create a .sln file and I got this from it TargetFrameworkMoniker = ".NETFramework,Version%3Dv4.5"

So I created a project local on my machine with .net framework 4.5 and just added all the files/folders to that project.

It seems like the classes from that project is all missing namespace though so any kind of reference doesn't work. I also tried to add a namespace to two classes that one is dependent on the other. But it doesn't seem to work and its like 1000 files.

Anyone got any kind of experience with these kind of migrations and can point me to the right direciton?

1 Answers

You open this website in your local visual studio and press ctrl+shift+s. Then select the file location and save the .sln file. After this, reopen the project with .sln. Now, you can use the NuGet package manager.

You can not just copy because there is a difference between a website and a web application project. Web Application projects have namespace but websites do not.

Related