How can I generate a file during "Build" in Visual Studio using C#?
I want to create a .txt File and add some text in it. The file should be created directly when I press Build and save it in a place where the Release or Debug Folder is.
How can I generate a file during "Build" in Visual Studio using C#?
I want to create a .txt File and add some text in it. The file should be created directly when I press Build and save it in a place where the Release or Debug Folder is.
You should have a look at build events.
Typically you can run any kind of script pre and post build - including the (re)generation of a text file.
To copy files into the output path, you can use the OutputPath variable. See the MACRO section and this list on how to use them.
As by @Oliver's comment: if it is a static file, you can just include it in the project using its properties and select: Copy if newer.
Taken from the documentation:
And a subset of the MACROs