So basically I have 3 models: User, Profile, and Post.
They are related like so: User has one Profile. Profile has many Post
They look like this:
type User struct {
Base // holds this object's uuid, createdAt, updatedAt
Role string `json:"role"`
Username string `json:"username" gorm:"unique"`
Password string `json:"password"`
Profile Profile `gorm:"constraint:OnDelete:CASCADE;"`
}
type Profile struct {
Base // holds this object's uuid, createdAt, updatedAt
UserId string `json:"user_id"`
Name string `json:"name"`
Bio string `json:"bio"`
Age uint8 `json:"age"`
Posts []Post `gorm:"constraint:OnDelete:CASCADE;"`
}
type Post struct {
Base // holds this object's uuid, createdAt, updatedAt
ProfileId string `json:"profile_id"`
Caption string `json:"caption"`
Likes uint32 `json:"num_likes" gorm:"default:0"`
}
What I want to happen is when I delete the user, I want the profile to be deleted and all the posts that are related to it. My only other experience with relational databases are Django where this is automatic.
What actually happens is when I delete the user, the profile gets deleted but the posts remain in the database.
This is how I am deleting the user:
...
base := models.Base{Id: id}
if err := configs.Database.Select(clause.Associations).Delete(&models.User{Base: base}).Error; err != nil {
return c.Status(400).JSON(err.Error())
}
...
I've already looked at this but its not very helpful. How could I accomplish this?
Thank you!