I'm trying to get pytorch==1.11.0 using the continuumio/miniconda3:4.12.0 Docker image.
I first run docker run -i -t continuumio/miniconda3 /bin/bash. Then, in the container, I run: conda search -c conda-forge pytorch==1.11.0. Here's the error:
No match found for: pytorch==1.11.0. Search: *pytorch*==1.11.0
PackagesNotFoundError: The following packages are not available from current channels:
- pytorch==1.11.0
Current channels:
- https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/linux-aarch64
- https://conda.anaconda.org/conda-forge/noarch
- https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/linux-aarch64
- https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/noarch
- https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/linux-aarch64
- https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/r/noarch
To search for alternate channels that may provide the conda package you're
looking for, navigate to
https://anaconda.org
and use the search bar at the top of the page.
I then tried conda config --append channels conda-forge before running conda search -c conda-forge pytorch==1.11.0 again. Got the same error.
To test the network connection I ran conda search pytorch, so it'd search the default channel for any pytorch package. It's successful:
Loading channels: done
# Name Version Build Channel
pytorch 1.8.1 cpu_py37he9ab0f8_0 pkgs/main
pytorch 1.8.1 cpu_py38he9ab0f8_0 pkgs/main
pytorch 1.8.1 cpu_py39he9ab0f8_0 pkgs/main
pytorch 1.10.2 cpu_py310h65e219b_0 pkgs/main
pytorch 1.10.2 cpu_py37ha034a5a_0 pkgs/main
pytorch 1.10.2 cpu_py38ha034a5a_0 pkgs/main
pytorch 1.10.2 cpu_py39ha034a5a_0 pkgs/main
Curiously, when I run conda search -c conda-forge pytorch==1.11.0 outside of the container, in my local terminal, it's available:
Loading channels: done
# Name Version Build Channel
pytorch 1.11.0 cpu_py310h61528c5_1 conda-forge
pytorch 1.11.0 cpu_py310h61528c5_2 conda-forge
pytorch 1.11.0 cpu_py310he9514b4_0 conda-forge
pytorch 1.11.0 cpu_py38h17550ec_1 conda-forge
pytorch 1.11.0 cpu_py38h17550ec_2 conda-forge
pytorch 1.11.0 cpu_py38h1b6422d_0 conda-forge
pytorch 1.11.0 cpu_py39h03f923b_1 conda-forge
pytorch 1.11.0 cpu_py39h03f923b_2 conda-forge
pytorch 1.11.0 cpu_py39h19aa3d3_0 conda-forge
Why's this the case and how do we fix it?