One field in a Crystal Report with a different Select than the rest of the report

Viewed 24

I have a table that has a primary key which is a combo of 2 fields: ITEM_NO and LOC_ID

I have a a report made that shows me all the results of an ITEM_NO based on LOC_ID that is chosen. So lets say for all items, show me all the fields I need to see where LOC_ID = '1' This is set up in the select record section, however, there is one particular field (BIN_1) per record that I want displayed which should show me the value based on LOC_ID = '3', no matter which LOC_ID is set in the select expert parameter.

So, even though all the fields on the report show values Where LOC_ID = '1', the BIN_1 field should show the value where LOC_ID = '3' regardless of the parameter set for the rest of the report

I tried this by creating a new formula field in the report with a where clause, but this doesnt seem to work. Anyone here have any better ideas

1 Answers

You may add the table you are selecting from a second time to your report. Maybe rename it to something like "table_loc3". (Inner-) Join "table_loc3" to your original table on ITEM_NO. Add a record selection criteria for "table_loc3" and filter LOC_ID to be 3.

Related