As per question, I have a dictionary of tables. How do I join the values into a single table?
As per question, I have a dictionary of tables. How do I join the values into a single table?
raze works if the schemas of the tables all conform (aka all columns are the same and in the same order). If they don't conform, a more general option is to union join over:
/tables conform
q)raze `a`b!(([]col1:`x`y;col2:1 2);([]col1:`z`w;col2:3 4))
col1 col2
---------
x 1
y 2
z 3
w 4
/column order different
q)raze `a`b!(([]col1:`x`y;col2:1 2);([]col2:3 4;col1:`z`w))
`col1`col2!(`x;1)
`col1`col2!(`y;2)
`col2`col1!(3;`z)
`col2`col1!(4;`w)
/non-matching columns
q)raze `a`b!(([]col1:`x`y;col2:1 2);([]col2:3 4;col1:`z`w;col3:01b))
`col1`col2!(`x;1)
`col1`col2!(`y;2)
`col2`col1`col3!(3;`z;0b)
`col2`col1`col3!(4;`w;1b)
/uj handles any non-conformity
q)(uj/)`a`b!(([]col1:`x`y;col2:1 2);([]col2:3 4;col1:`z`w;col3:01b))
col1 col2 col3
--------------
x 1 0
y 2 0
z 3 0
w 4 1
Use:
raze x
Raze is defined as:
Return the items of x joined, collapsing one level of nesting.
The table will not include the key, but if the key is also in each table then no information is lost.
It is easy to see what raze does:
parse "raze d"
,/
`d
As a matter of fact, personally in the past I have used the following command to achieve the same output:
(),/ d