I think the problem is because I have hard brackets [] in the 'groups' object.
JSON:
declare @json nvarchar(max) = N'{ "agents": [ {
"id": 9544321,
"uuid":"xxxx-xxx-xxxx",
"groups": [
{
"name": "GROUP NAME HERE",
"id": 123456
}
],
"support": true
}]}'
What I'm trying to get to is:
| id | uuid | group name | group id |
|---|---|---|---|
| 9544321 | xxxx-xxx-xxxx | GROUP NAME HERE | 123456 |
And then if there is a second group specified in the 'groups' object that'd be two rows. etc
This is my code so far, but it just leaves the [group name] and [group id] columns blank. I've also tried a cross apply and that didn't work (same result).
select *
from openjson(@json, '$.agents')
with (
id int '$.id',
uuid varchar(60) '$.uuid',
groups nvarchar(max) '$.groups' as json
)
outer apply openjson (groups)
with ([group name] nvarchar(max) '$',
[group id] int '$'
)
