I am new to R and am trying to loop a mixed model across 90 columns in a dataset. My dataset looks like the following one but has 90 predictors instead of 7 that I need to evaluate as fixed effects in consecutive models. I then need to store the model output (coefficients and P values) to finally construct a figure summarizing the size effects of each predictor. I know the discussion of P value estimates from lme4 mixed models.
For example:
set.seed(101)
mydata <- tibble(id = rep(1:32, times=25),
time = sample(1:800),
experiment = rep(1:4, times=200),
Y = sample(1:800),
predictor_1 = runif(800),
predictor_2 = rnorm(800),
predictor_3 = sample(1:800),
predictor_4 = sample(1:800),
predictor_5 = seq(1:800),
predictor_6 = sample(1:800),
predictor_7 = runif(800)) %>% arrange (id, time)
The model to iterate across the N predictors is:
library(lme4)
library(lmerTest) # To obtain new values
mixed.model <- lmer(Y ~ predictor_1 + time + (1|id) + (1|experiment), data = mydata)
summary(mixed.model)
My coding skills are far from being able to set a loop to repeat the model across the N predictors in my dataset and store the coefficients and P values in a dataframe.
I have been able to iterate across all the predictors fitting linear models instead of mixed models using lapply. But I have failed to apply this strategy with mixed models.
varlist <- names(mydata)[5:11]
lm_models <- lapply(varlist, function(x) {
lm(substitute(Y ~ i, list(i = as.name(x))), data = mydata)
})