How does field mapping happen for a PUT request body?

Viewed 22

I am stuck with a basic confusion which I cannot test and cannot find a straightforward answer to as well.

I have an endpoint PUT which expects an object in the body , RequestObject. It consists of 1 field only.

class RequestObject {
 String name;
}

Now from the service from which I am hitting this endpoint, the object that I am supposed to use to send in the request has 2 fields.

class Test {
 String firstname;
 String age;
}

If I make a request, with age as null,

  1. Will this work ?
  2. Since firstName and name are not the same "spellings", will the mapping happen automatically ?

I am assuming No for both but I am not sure how to confirm.

WIll appreciate if someone can point me in right direction.

Thanks

1 Answers
Related