I'm using Heroku's Pipeline feature to manage the stages of my application. I received an email about Heroku getting rid of their free plans, so I went ahead and upgraded my plan just now. Currently, I have one app with two database add-ons in Heroku. This is the first time that I've used their Pipeline feature—and I'm by no means a Heroku expert. I have two questions:
Do I need to purchase dynos for every new app that I use Heroku for? The plan that I ended up purchasing was the Production plan (since the app is for a client), and I also purchased two psql database add-ons which are attached to the app.
Since I'm using their pipeline for my one app, I have staging and prod versions of the app assigned to their appropriate branches in the repo. The prod app is where I upgraded to the paid plan. Do I need to purchase any dynos or add-ons for the staging app within the Pipeline? I was able to attach the databases with no issue, but I purchased a dyno for the staging app just to be safe.
Feel free to share any of your favorite Heroku alternatives as well—I'm only using Heroku because that's what I learned how to use in school.