I have a python dictionary where I am iterating it and creating a new dictionary with some calculations. My current code is working fine but I want to know what are the other different ways to do it?
The logic is-
1. if the same `room` has multiple `rate` codes then append it to that room.
2. get the lowest price for every room type.
Existing Code:
datas = [
{"code": "A1KXDY", "room": "A1K", "rate": "XDX", "price": 10},
{"code": "B1KXDY", "room": "B1K", "rate": "XDX", "price": 20},
{"code": "C1KXDY", "room": "C1K", "rate": "XDX", "price": 30},
{"code": "A1KXDY", "room": "A1K", "rate": "XDY", "price": 5},
{"code": "B1KXDY", "room": "B1K", "rate": "XDY", "price": 10},
{"code": "C1KXDY", "room": "C1K", "rate": "XDY", "price": 40},
]
final_result = {}
for data in datas:
display_rate = data["price"]
if data["room"] in final_result:
existing_room = final_result[data["room"]]
existing_room["rate_codes"].append(data["rate"])
current_rate = existing_room["display_rate"]
if current_rate > display_rate:
existing_room["display_rate"] = display_rate
continue
room_data = {"display_rate": display_rate, "rate_codes": [data["rate"]]}
final_result[data["room"]] = room_data
print(final_result)
Expected Output:
{'A1K': {'display_rate': 5, 'rate_codes': ['XDX', 'XDY']}, 'B1K': {'display_rate': 10, 'rate_codes': ['XDX', 'XDY']}, 'C1K': {'display_rate': 30, 'rate_codes': ['XDX', 'XDY']}}