I have this simple code sample in C#. It creates a filename voor an invoice:
var x = new DateTime(2022,8,26);
var invoiceNumber = 1100;
var fileName = "CustomerX-Invoice";
fileName += $"-{invoiceNumber}";
fileName += $"-{x.ToString("dd-MMM-yyyy", CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo("nl-NL"))}";
Console.WriteLine(fileName);
This was working fine in .NET Core 3.1. It returns a filename 'CustomerX-Invoice-1100-26-aug-2022'.
After migrating to .NET6 it's suddenly adding a dot to the abbreviation of the month. It's now returning 'CustomerX-Invoice-1100-26-aug.-2022'. See the dot after 'aug'.
When I test it in LINQPad7 I see the problem is introduced in .NET5 already. I can't find out if this is by design or a known bug? It could be an issue with the culture 'nl-NL' also? When I for example change it to 'en-US' no dot is added to the month abbreviation.
Linqpad sample using .NET Core 3.1:

Linqpad sample using .NET6:
Of course I can manipulate the string and remove the dot but I would rather see I can trust .NET to return the month abbreviation without the dot.
Any suggestions on what's happening here and how handle this the best way?
