Quite new to programming in Swift and mobile development in general. I am trying to use performSegue() and control it without if-else statements. I made a google search how to use override func shouldPerformSegue() and tried to implement it in different ways but none of them solved my situation. Here I need to segue to Yellow or Green views if the switch is on using corresponding buttons. Even if I made return false, the function does not cancel the segue to happen. What is the reason of this behaviour and how can I fix it? Many thanks.
class ViewController: UIViewController {
@IBOutlet var segueSwitch: UISwitch!
override func viewDidLoad() {
super.viewDidLoad()
// Do any additional setup after loading the view.
}
@IBAction func yellowButtonTapped(_ button: UIButton) {
performSegue(withIdentifier: "Yellow", sender: nil)
}
@IBAction func greenButtonTapped(_ button: UIButton) {
performSegue(withIdentifier: "Green", sender: nil)
}
override func shouldPerformSegue(withIdentifier identifier: String, sender: Any?) -> Bool {
// return segueSwitch.isOn
return false
}
}
