I tried to make a kind of running average - out of 90 rows, every 3 in column A should make an average that would be the same as those rows in column B. For example: From this:
df = pd.DataFrame( A B
2 0
3 0
4 0
7 0
9 0
8 0)
to this:
df = pd.DataFrame( A B
2 3
3 3
4 3
7 8
9 8
8 8)
I tried running this code:
x=0
for i in df['A']:
if x<90:
y = (df['A'][x]+ df['A'][(x +1)]+df['A'][(x +2)])/3
df['B'][x] = y
df['B'][(x+1)] = y
df['B'][(x+2)] = y
x=x+3
print(y)
It does print the correct Y But does not change B
I know there is a better way to do it, and if anyone knows - it would be great if they shared it. But the more important thing for me is to understand why what I wrote down doesn't have an effect on the df.