GCP VM startup script cannot install brownie

Viewed 48

I am trying to install brownie on a GCP VM instance running ubuntu 18.04 LTS minimal. My startup script is the following:

apt-get update -y && 
apt-get upgrade -y && 
apt-get install python3-pip -y && 
apt-get install nodejs npm -y &&
pip3 install cython &&
pip3 install eth-brownie;

When I check the startup script logs when I SSH into the VM, the logs state:

cat /var/log/syslog

Aug 25 10:35:16 brownie-node google_metadata_script_runner[2021]: startup-script: Collecting regex==2021.8.28 (from eth-brownie)
Aug 25 10:35:16 brownie-node google_metadata_script_runner[2021]: 2022/08/25 10:35:16 logging client: rpc error: code = Unauthenticated desc = transport: metadata: GCE metadata "instance/service-accounts/default/token?scopes=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googleapis.com%2Fauth%2Flogging.write" not defined
Aug 25 10:36:38 brownie-node google_metadata_script_runner[2021]: startup-script:   Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f4f9beb9518>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 101] Network is unreachable',)': /simple/regex/
Aug 25 10:36:39 brownie-node google_metadata_script_runner[2021]: 2022/08/25 10:36:39 logging client: rpc error: code = Unauthenticated desc = transport: metadata: GCE metadata "instance/service-accounts/default/token?scopes=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.googleapis.com%2Fauth%2Flogging.write" not defined
Aug 25 10:36:53 brownie-node google_metadata_script_runner[2021]: startup-script:   Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement regex==2021.8.28 (from eth-brownie) (from versions: )

How do I properly install brownie via startup script?

0 Answers
Related