fireEvent.click with parameters

Viewed 56

I have a radio button that when I click it calls a function with two parameters in the function (value and step), and when I make a test with testing librairy I would like that when I simulate the click of the button I return the two parameters.

Button

      <Form.Check
                inline
                label={'form.email'}
                name="media"
                value={`LETTER`}
                type="radio"
                data-testid="EMAIL"
                onClick={(e) => {
                  const target = e.target as HTMLTextAreaElement;
                  changeMedia(target.value, data);
                }}
               />

Function ChangeMedia

   const changeMedia = (value: any, step: any) => {
   step.definition?.steps
      .filter((obj: any) => obj.media.includes(value))
        .map((item: any) => {
     if (value === 'EMAIL') {
      item.media = 'LETTER';
      return item;
    } else if (value === 'LETTER') {
      item.media = 'EMAIL';
      return item;
    }
    return item;
  });
return data;
 };

Objet Step

   const step = {
  definition: {
      steps: [
      {
        document_model: 'template_circularization',
        email_model: 'email_circularization',
        label: {
          EN: 'Circularization',
          FR: 'Circularisation',
        },
        media: 'LETTER',
        name: 'mail_circularization',
        onDemandOnly: true,
      },
    ],
  },
  };

Test

const radio = screen.getByTestId('EMAIL');
fireEvent.click(radio, { target: { value: 'EMAIL, step: step } });

when I do a console.log of value and step I get this :

value EMAIL step {}

what would be the solution to retrieve the step object via firevent.click ?

0 Answers
Related