Jupyter notebook executions turn grey in Visual studio code

Viewed 65

I am trying to execute python code in VS code enabling jupyter notebook execution.Repeatedly the execution screen turns gray which makes the output invisible with the headers.Code will be still executable.

Any suggestions to recover from this issue..Each time copy pasting to another notebook and rerunning is not helping to solve the issue.

enter image description here

1 Answers

I also have the same issue with VScode and Jupyter notebook, in my case it only happens when the overall size of the notebook is large (more than 150 MB) which caused by keeping the output of the cells (in my case the high quality figures), this causes the notebook to crash and grey out all the outputs. The solution that I found so far is to clear the output, it won't crash again, there is also some solution suggested by the developers here, which suggests to remove the Code cash. I would suggest to break long notebooks to smaller notebooks, or clear the output.

Related