Using IAM, is there any simple way to let a GCP console logged in user to access a Cloud Run URL?
The idea here is to have a lightweight way to protect the access to some URLs for people who are already logged in to the console.
So I don't want the world to have access, only my GCP users.
It seems that the options are either:
- Setup IAP for Cloud Run => costly (load balancer) and not exactly simple
- Setup the container to require authentication, generate a token from the console, use a browser extension and inject the said token on each request.
Note: I tried to setup a container as allowing non authenticated calls but removing the allUsers principal from the Invoker role and stick to a particular email address. The URL ended up still being available to non authenticated browsers.
Seems like a very simple use case but unless I am missing something, the options are all over-the-top.
Thanks,